Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Thursday 19 April 2012

Music and Movement

According to  Music and movement wikipedia - Studies indicate a positive correlation between music lessons/participation and memory,mathematical achievement, reading ability, intelligence ratings, grades and test scores.

I conclude the music has a correlation with brain movement - mostly studied on the intelligence side.
Now, If the movement I want to talked about was bowel movement, will you believe that there any correlation between music and the brain who controlled the bowel movement?
(Just read it and you are free for not imagine it *hehehe*)

The process of defecation, or the defecation cycle, is normally a combination of both voluntary and involuntary processes with force. click to read more about signal sent to the brain and etc.

I will not telling much in detail about the bowel movement, as I'm not a doctor or medical practitioner.
I making this post just for me to remember how Josh's reaction when he was just a toddler :).

For me, Josh shall have at least one bowel movement everyday!
Why? I didn't want to have rejected on the eating time. My two cents, if your stomach get clean and digest well, then you might not refuse to swallow the food.

I always offer him to finish the process in the morning.
He has his toilet training, yet most of the time, he need to be distracted while in the process as he felt too long.
I knew many people bring book and stay long in the toilet, yet till now I never understand it. So when Josh need to be distracted or when the difficult time comes on the process, what I can do just let him watch the video with music on my blackberry.
There are several video only in my blackberry, but somehow, only one video where the music repeated which successfully make him did his bowel movement.
I made this post not because a one time cases, but this kind of scene happen almost 1year and still counting. I let him heard another music song but end up on failure to deliver the bowel movement :p.
Funny hah, but that truly happen.
Different music delivered different signal to the brain.
I guess when he heard the music, he feel relaxed and that helped on the bowel movement.

Someone might curious, and i might forget in the future what kind of the video music he watched while doing bowel movement.
A future vision video made by corning. Surprise? Yups, that not a children song.
Now, after seeing my son reaction, I can say I believe yeah, may be somewhere out there, there some people who get relaxed by some music on doing their bowel movement :p. 

Anyway, have a great day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment