Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Monday 10 October 2011

Josh's First Water Bottle, Current and Still

My mom has give a present for Josh - All in one Mag-Mag - Weaning product from Pigeon.
It's consist of 1 Mag-Mag bottle with 3 Cups : Nipple Cup, Spout Cup, Straw Cup. If you wondering how it's look like, go to http://www.pigeon.com.sg


Once Josh start his solid food around 6 months old, I used the Spout Cup for serving the water or fresh juice.


Nipple Cup is usually unused for a baby who was breastfeeding. 
But Josh has his milk bottle in nipple cup when I fall sick for a week and must give the mother milk through bottle. He use to like it so much (the nipple cup) till I need to fight with him through world war 3 and 4 for make him turn back and like to breastfeed *fuih*, will share this story on another post.
Therefore, I never think to give my baby any nipple cup again, cause it's really hard to turn them back when they fall in love with the cup.


After he reach end of 8 Months old, I change to Straw Cup. First time, he get choke cause he didn't know how to stop. But he like to try it again, so I let him learn.
And Now Days, He master on this skill ^^/.
He drink milk with the Straw also. 
After exercise :).

Anyer holiday - Taste the coconut water ^^/


Today, I have start to teach him how to drink from glass. Not easy and get wet all the time make me tired to change his cloth all the time *grin*.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erlina.
    I am wondering how do you teach Josh to drink with straw? My friends' kids don't seem to have any difficulty, but my daughter still can't master the skill. She will only bite the straw :) btw your blog inspired me to start a blog to record my daughter's milestone so I won't forget them :) I have 17 months worth of moments that I need to catch up now. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnita,
    Hmmm, actually there nothing special on how to teach Josh how to drink using the straw hehehe. I just follow the timeline.
    Ok he get choke for the first time, but he then wish to try again.
    About biting: Till now Josh will still bite the straw, that when he was not interested with the contain inside the bottle, or he just feel full for water or he just want to play, or cause of itching gums. And when he do that, I just took the bottle away from him.

    As your kids is 17 months old already, why don’t you try on glass. Some of my friend children move from the nipple bottle to glass. I knew the pigeon has a glass with small hole, so the water will not rushed by.

    Right now, I prefer a bottle with small hole, as to clean it was much more better than a straw.

    Anyway, I believe everything has it’s own time :). Just wait and be patient and keep encourge our kids.

    p.s. I was inspired by the other mommy blog also before I start this blog :p. Then, I found out I’m happy on making a journal about my kid and family.
    One of my best friend wrote a note while in College: “Cause the pale ink is much better than the strong memory.” - A quote from Confucius.
    Just give a try to start maintain a journal. If the time is a constraint, then just do a simple journal (picture with small note) :). Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thank you for your reply.
    My daughter can drink using glass but we have to hold the glass for her otherwise the water will spill.
    I really like your Confucius quote. It is really true.
    Please do visit my blog when you have time. I would like to hear from you :)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete