Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Activity with Toddler - Making Simply Music Instrument - Maracas Shake shake shake

Inspired by Sunday School activity, I tried to make one too in home and having a fun activity with Josh. Written down here, so I will remember in the future if I want to make another with my next kids *wink*.

What you need:
2 small plastic bottle
A cup of Rice and Spoon
Unused hard paper (some with color) - Cut it two on rectangle size and make sure it could covers the bottle, and cut other shape for decoration, and put the double tape.
Cellophane tape, Double tape, Scissor.


Time allowance: at least 30 minutes or more. (Most time consume when Josh filled the bottle with rice and let him played little bit longer.)

Here what we did:
1. I took one bottle of Yakult and let Josh drank it all. I choose it, cause Josh love to drink Yakult. 
Whenever we went to supermarket and he saw the Yakult on the counter, he took it and put on our basket.
the 2nd bottle of course drank by me :)
Clean up the bottle and make it dry!


2. I put the rice on a big bowl, hope it won't really messed around when Josh filled the rice into the bottle.
I let him done this. Saw the video below, seem the big bowl didn't work out :p. 
He having fun on scooping the rice to the bottle and throw it out and it keep repeated.

3.Took the bottle done by him, covers the top with cellophane tape, so the rice won't came out.
Now, shake it, and you will get the sound of maracas.

4. Guide Josh to covers the bottle with the hard papers that I have prepared before.

5. Let him, stick the decoration into the bottle.

6. Tradaaaaa... our music instrument done.
Sing for Josh and ask him to shake shake shake.


If in the future Josh get bored with the maracas, I will take out the rice, wash and cook it :p.

Enjoy! and Thanks to Sunday School teacher for the idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment