Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Tuesday 8 May 2012

I nap on my own bed

I think I'm a mommy who fail on letting her son slept on his own bed.
Josh's Grandma gave a baby crib as a present for the new born.
When the first time I got it, I felt my dream come true, the baby crib was the one I wish to have. Look really nice and comfy.
Then I swear I will used it for laying my baby to sleep.

The truth? I was only using it for the first 2 months (when Josh was bottle feed and taken care by my mom - read the previous post - Aku dan ASI). The rest, he slept with us. Then the beautiful baby crib was only used for playing area and changing area. *sigh*.

Why end up like this? For new parent like me, I was on the excitement for having at least the best stuff that I could afford for my first new born. I wasn't thinking further of the usage.
When I committed to the breastfeeding, I didn't think that a separate bed from the baby was inefficient and very tiring for me. Therefore, I let Josh slept with us. 
Really thanks to Daddy who has been so patient with us.

But Josh was stop breastfeeding now. I think to move him to his own bed. At least start from the nap time.
I'm too afraid on trying this before, cause whenever he notice that he slept on the other bed, he will cry and refuse to sleep again. That means his nap time was distracted and I have to adjust the daily schedule and my "me time" was cut off.
Again, if I never tried, then I never knew when he is ready. So, on 1st of May, I did try it and he could slept on the baby crib for 2.5hours. *Yataaa*
Even I felt , still far to go for him to slept on his own room, at least this showed me a hope :).


P.S. Daddy and Mommy love you Josh. We knew that someday you might be ready for your own room. But now, we just enjoy our sleeping time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment