Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Thursday 15 March 2012

A folklore Song and Josh reaction

Ohh just realized that I haven't write any post these week.
Suffered cause of heavy cough made me lazy to do anything as my energy was squeezing to the max only for coughing every night.

Good thing, Josh can slept with Daddy through out the night.
I could be happy also as my heavy cough didn't pass to Daddy and Josh, as of now.
I took Chinese medicine these two days and got better.
During this period, daddy help me much on taking care Josh.
and We also notice something strange but amazed us.

Three night ago, we played a DVD - Indonesia children song for Josh.

When the first song started, Josh was suddenly stand from his chair and walked and stayed close to me, his action did tell me that he want me to hug him.

We were quite surprise as he never react so strange like he did when he listened to a song.
Whatever came with the music, Josh like it.
Josh could sit quietly in front of the tape only to hear those music sound came out from the speaker.
Josh could be hold by somebody else as long as that person could sing a song for him.
Josh could went to our disk drawer, bring some disk, told us "lagu lagu" (in english "song song") and push us to the player wishing us help him to open the music for him.
So his reaction really confusing us.

We tried to think what going on.
What wrong with the song, or the picture which not scary at all.

The Song title was: "Si Kancil" - Mouse Deer.
It was a folklore Song that told you about a naughty mouse deer who steal the cucumber, then shall be punished cause of the mistake.
In the middle of the song, it told you not to steal anything cause that was a wrong doing.
I used to skip this song, as I thought better to let Josh hear positive thing.
The rest of the DVD was a nice song and Josh love to follow how to spell also.
Again, uncontrollable situation sometime happen, cause of the remote control was broken, hard to skip it.

Then here came to our mind.
Josh did know what is naughty, Josh did know also what is cucumber (remember I told you he like cucumber very berry much) and being punished.
The conclusion:
Josh afraid that he was naughty cause he love to eat cucumber and might being punished by us.

Ok ok, it was just our thought, our guessing, we had never know what actually inside Josh mind.
So with our limitation on guessing, we try to do something, while the song was still playing, we explained repeatedly to him:
"Josh, you are not a naughty boy. Papa and Mama who gave you the cucumber and you eat what we gave to you. That means you are a nice boy and we won't punished you cause of that."

Guess what?
Josh suddenly relief after hearing our explanation and he can back to sit on the chair.

We were glad cause we were there with him when this was happen.
I really felt that we, parent shall accompany our child or at least pay detail attention to any unusual reaction, to help our children on their development, learning, and adapting process.
Cause if we didn't doing it, who will?! ^^/

P.S.
Talking about positive thing, I did practice it and saw the impact on my lil Josh.
I told in early post about Josh can grab, scratched, hit if he get upset.
Every time I saw that he might get upset (i.e. he play with other children and seem the children want to take the toy), I told him to love your friend "Sayang koko yah, sayang yah josh" only with a hope that he might forget his upset and changed with "to love".
On the other time, when he unintentionally do something action that hurt me, I told him that I better like him to kiss me and love me, instead what he do right now.
Instead of telling him don't do this, don't do that cause that bad, we think that better we talked what we like and love him to do and better.
Daily, slowly but sure I saw Josh learn it.
The grab, scratched reduce significantly, even sometime that did came back.
Ok, we did tell what is incorrect was incorrect, and what wrong or right.
But we need to learn how to communicate that in the better way to give a good influence. That all :).

Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment