Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Securing the Cupboard

I live with my parent in law where all the furniture and stuff already there.
So when Josh grown up, I surely know that he will make a new daily mess in home.
Everything will be his new learning toys. 
I can make my room as childproofing room where Josh can not really play with the drawer.
But not on the other room, especially kitchen and dining room.

Josh is a clever boy for me. He like a copycat.
One day he saw you do this, and the next time he will follow.

So here it is, we have a cupboard in a lower position, where we put the plate and bowl made from glass.
There is no handle in the drawer, so actually it's not easy for him to open.

But He saw all people how to open it everyday. Now he master on open and closing the cupboard.
Not funny if the plate and bowl broken everyday.
I can't lock it, cause I can't make additional key or anything to that furniture.

So here what I choose to do, I put his plastic bowl, two or three inside the drawer.



When he open it, he will search for his bowl or his stuff. 


Once he search and take it, I say "Ok, done, you are smart boy, now close it, you have taken your bowl."
And it's work out ^^/. No broken plate and bowl till now.
Of course I still need to watch over and remind him.
But the most important is, I want Josh to learn, to take only belong to him and not the other.



2 comments:

  1. Wise mom :) Keep writing & sharing, Erlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for support ci. Still far away from a wise mom :p. May God help me on this Learning process day by day.

    ReplyDelete