Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Thursday 6 October 2011

Which one Better - it's our choice!

Last time, I open the Link from one of my favorite blog www.oureverydaythings.com, she referring to one article in Today Online - I'd rather let my kid climb a tree than play on the iPad.
Click here for the complete article: I'd rather let my kid climb a tree than play on the iPad .

After I read it, I try to see what I have already done for my lil Josh.
And the answer is, Yup, I'm just a sinner, I also like to take the easiest way to calm him *embarrassed*.

I remember that I let him play with my blackberry when we have dinner outside only to let him sit quietly on his chair. Ok, I download a children song video clip and Josh love to look and hear a song. 
I remember that I let him play with iPad once in a while when he has a hard time to eat (a sore teeth) - let him playing with the hippo.

Below is the picture, just to show us how serious he was, when playing with the blackberry.
I catch this shot with the other friend for making a contrast.



BUT, 
I always remind my self that the interacting process with people, with surrounding nature is more important. The article I mention above really remind me about that.
As far as I can, I always let him play around our house instead of starring at the television or other devise. Let him explore even it's mean I need to clean up his hand often, need to warn him not to eat, need to change his cloth, etc. But that's OK. I really saw the positive effect when I let him do this all. For example, when we are in the new environment, he do not hesitate to explore also, which is good for him to enrich his knowledge. 

Below picture is showing us how he play in our garden.
He treat the soil same as when he play with the sand (he like to play in the beach) while actually is so different in texture.
He dig the soil with his hand, and when he found a small stone, he put inside the container.
He have fun with this activity. Yeah, you get dirty hand, dirty cloth. But sitting beside him and watch him do it over and over again, somehow it's make me feel awesome. He is God amazing creature, provided with the great consciousness and ability to learn. What we can do is, offer our hand and time to facilitate it.


Which one better, it's our choice!

P.S. In here I'm not saying that playing with the devise like Blackberry, Iphone, Ipad or watching television is wrong. The devise was a great invention and it's give a lot of usefulness also. We can't avoid it, We just need to used it wisely for teaching our kids. Cheers, ^^/

2 comments:

  1. so agree with your article erlina! I also don't like to spoil my kids with high tech gadgets! Instead, let them play or connect with the nature is the best for their development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks merry. I still learn and remind my self everyday also, cause the gadgets really tempting :p.

    ReplyDelete