Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Bread and Butter Pudding

Last week, 3 October, I have made the bread and butter pudding.
Inspired from other blog - http://www.oureverydaythings.com/2011/06/making-bread-butter-pudding/, I want to try it also.


She take the recipe from Hamlyn's '200 really easy recipes' book

Here the Ingredients:

4 slices of white bread

50g unsalted butter
50g sultanas (I used the SunMaid product)
Grated rind of 1 lemon
300ml single cream + 300ml milk, or 600ml milk (I used mix of cream and milk)
2 eggs + 2 egg yolks
25g granulated sugar (I switch with white sugar, you can test it after done, if it's too sweet then just put a less sugar)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (Don't have any in home, so I skip this)
1-2 tablespoons jelly marmalade, heated (I never use this so far)

You can click on the blog website for the complete steps of making this pudding which give a good result and great picture also ^^/.
But Here the steps that I done:

1. Spread the butter into the white bread, cut into moderate piece, then place on the bowl. Sprinkle the lemon grated in between white bread slice.

2. Beat the milk, cream, egg and sugar and pour over the bread.

3. Put into the oven 180degree and wait for around 30minutes.

Below is the result - I think I only made half of the ingredient *Heh I forgot, embarrassed*. Ehmm I never follow in detail like how many bread to use cause sometime I just use the left one :p.
I only give a quarter of above pudding to Josh. 
The reason I want to try this recipe cause Mom in law like to buy a lot of bread, while Dad in law like to drink lemon water everyday and throw the skin away. Before the lemon was used, I peel off the skin or make a lemon grated and left the baldy one for them to taking the water *hehehe*

The other reason why I keep repeating make it, cause Josh LOVE it so much!
He can ask more and try to use the spoon to feed him self.

P.s. don't be fool by josh's face, the way to prove he like it or not by seeing whether he want the second spoon and finish it all :p 



Yeay - He finished it!





No comments:

Post a Comment