Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Monday 18 June 2018

2018 JP Holiday - Kobe Earthquake and My Birthday 1806 - Rokkosan Pasteur and Kobe Beef

Midnight Josh sing a birthday song to me. Sleep with ease and wake at 7am, early morning we have cloudy weather.
Today, Our plan to visit Mt. Rokko.
We shall took shuttle bus at 8am to Sannomiya Station.

But Josh awake late and he still changing his clothes.
07.55 Calvin said can we catch the shuttle? No. Just wait for 08.20

Suddenly, an earthquake happen. We are on 13th floor. Really nothing we can do. We just stand close to each other and felt the horrible shaking room.
When it stop, we got off the room and the hotel officer has guide us to get down by stairs.

No one seem panicked. Just a big crowd in sannomiya station as JR was not operated.
All long line queue for bus.

We have discuss the moment all day.
If only we hurried to get on the bus, we might trap inside the lift when it happen. I can't imagine how scary it was.
We heard the earthquake might around 4 SR. I said to Calvin, I have a feelin either I live or I die on my birthday. Another Unusual experience for me. Make me more embrace the moment with my Family.

Look at the sky. Cloudy morning. A lot of people queue on bus stop. The JR Train closed down.
Inside Sannomiya station.
We plan to see the situation and think about our plan to Mt. Rokko. As we have brought Rokkosan Pass.
Almost 10 am, the crowd still there.
When we look at online map and seem confused. There one girl offering help. Wow.
Then we decided strolling around. Behind this small garden, there's a road called Flower road
Along the side of road you can find a lot of flower grow. The weather get clear as hour pass.
Josh felt tired as we didn't know where to go yet
Take a sip of water
One of small garden for taking picture.
Me and Josh. If we walk ahead and we will arrived at Kobe City Hall.
But no. We decided not going to chinatown.
Stick to the plan. We found out we can used the bus from one station in flower road.
No. 92 and not to long, the bus coming and headed to Rokkomichi station.
(remember JR closed down. We couldn't take a train. Unless other operator like Hanshin and Hankyu.)

We stop at erhmmm what it's name.. All in Japanese. But glad we arrived. We walked through this small shop area.
 Daddy where are you. I'm tired.
Not easy to reach one area on time. Why? We love to see around. And here was Calvin. Happy boy found out the red bean loaf, reviewed as one favorite bread in Kobe.
Calvin told me How to eat it with butter.
Finally we took Bus no 16 or 106 and arrived at Rokko Cable Car.
Oke. No tourist came. We were informed that All sightseeing area were closed. We can still ride the Cable car.
Hmm to go or not to go?
We have no time as tomorrow might visit other places. Oke we just ride it.
During the ride, we talked with one reporter whom monitoring surround. We told him our situation. He said this was beyond normal. But why we didn't see people panicked? Arrived at the top of Cable Car, he also help us to communicate with the officer.
We were told only one place open. - Rokkosan Pasture where we can see the animal.
But we need to wait until 1pm. 
See, empty station. 
Josh and Daddy have no worries at all
No rokkosan bus running
We went to Terran Garden in the top of this building. Look at the scenary and having lunch over there.
Finally. The bus no 2 operating again
Arrived at Rokkosan Pasture.
Admission Fee A500¥ C200¥.
Don't know what to expect.
Ready?
The first thing we saw. Lamborghini Beef.
Calvin: Hmmm it's so big. Calvin, please stop thinking about kobe beef.
The sheep are freely walk
Shaun the sheep?
Sttt.... Do you know what waiting for us?
Let's go. Let's climb the stair
Long way to go. Josh this was piece of cake for you who have climb the mountain.
I will never ever climb the mountain. Just after five minutes walk.
Half of the way. Yeay. Taken by Josh after many trys
Let's climb again. Arggg.... But see... The beautiful scenary behind?
The road
Sightseeing bench. You can see Kobe city. Love the ambience.
We turn right and found other area. Tired
Hungry. A big bite. This was red bean loaf and it's really heavy. I think almost 1kg.

After a reast and snack time. We move to other sightseeing area. Love it.
I guess I still have a great birthday gift despite morning earthquake.
I have no expectation I could enjoy the scenary inside this pasture.
Mbeeekkkk mbeeee.. Nyam nyam nyam... The eat all the grass.
.
Come one daddy. Let's walk to other sightseeing bench.
Yeay... This is the place for viewing sunset.
I almost fall asleep with the sound of sheep and bird.
A big rabbit
Wow lot of sheep. Near their home
And the last place - Playground. Yeay.... Josh still love it. And I like it also. Made from the wood.
There were 3 other families. Most of them have 2-3 kids. Hmm Josh.. I hope we could be trusted for another family member in our home.
Mom see I can do it.
4pm. We head back to entrance door. Lamborghini awake now 
Ah I spot a nursery room. Cute.
And Josh favorite vending machine.
What are daddy waiting for?
Daddy waith for me and Josh taking a picture
The front north entrance.
Rokkosan Pasture.
Many area to visit with Rokko Sanjo bus (bus no1). If you arrived at the morning, I think to really enjoy it, just choose two or maximum 3 places. For me, two enough. I like to enjoy it slowly.
Wait for the bus no 2.
Fyi, Rokkosan Pasture is more neared to Mt. Maya. Bus no 2 was dedicates to Mt Maya area.
Peter Rabbit. I missed the Roses Garden walk. For celebrating 15th year of Garden Terrace. Huaaaaaaw.....
Since we felt so tired, we didn't wait for the night view. You can wait on the station for the day coming to night. It's just 5pm.
So cuteee
Not as scary as the australia, but it's quite long.
Ahhhh finally arrived.
Cloudy again.
Arrvied back at sannomiya (by bus), Calcin queue on the line. Oven Lab Cheese tart and Cream puff +/-300¥ 
Eat and eat. Yummy
Come on pa. Let find our dinner.
Finally we try Steakland Kobe. Hmm never visit this area. But I just felt less crowd. We don't need to wait or queue. 
Price cheaper than the one Calvin suggested.
The different might be on the cut, side dish, chef's experience.
Josh eat half of my portion. Me order A4. Calvin A5. Definitely different taste. Even the A4 taste good.
Cost us around 10000¥ for this two portion.
Cooking area.
After Dinner we walk inside game area.
Interesting....
Make me want to play.
Here Josh as promises one game per day.
.happy Josh.
Closing my day. Eat a snack.
Anyway. Japan service is awesome. Room cleaning is more than I have expected.
The one that I missed to see
Good night from my room. A beautiful city. May God give His mercy.
We pray together for the loss, government and for the traumatic situation.
I find my self hard to sleep also. Wherever i'm inside the building. I felt dizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment