Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Wednesday 13 July 2016

Experience with Airbnb and Musashi Koyama,Tokyo

This was my own experience with Airbnb and Apartment in Musashi Koyama Tokyo.
I have write this issue to Airbnb also, but didn't get any response by the time I wrote this down.

First time we try Airbnb was with our trip to Melbourne. We try out two places and they went out so well.
So with this trip to Tokyo, we like to try it again.

We booked it around January 2016 for our trip in 26 June - 7 July (10 nights).
The apartment was news at that time, but due to inexpensive price and close to station, it's become favorite to others as well.
By the time of our travel, the host has become a Super Host.

One day before Our flight 25 June, I left message to the Host, that we will meet soon.
From my both previous experience, usually the host contact us and send us message. But may be due to different culture and country, the treatment was different.

There was no replied, even when we transit at HK, from 6am to 9am in 26 June.
Arrived in Tokyo International airport, we was busy with buying train ticket and etc.
Arrived in Musashi Koyama, hmmm no one pick us up at the station.
Ok I will tried to find the house, no wifi available, so I just see the google map and tried to find out the place.

Then we arrived at the apartment door and no one there. Gosh........ We tried to call, but can't be connected.
I remember, I pass 7 eleven, and I got back there to connect to free wifi. From there I got the message that the Host was out of country, he couldn't get here because the airflight was postponed in China. He will arrived tomorrow. I can get in by took the key on the mail box.

My feeling was no good at all. I remember, I read one review on other premise, where the host became super host and the apartment was booked by alot of people, and some of them experience the house was in a mess.

And it is. When we get in, all room was in the mess. No cleaning up at all.
I really upset. Because this was my family holiday. I wish to rest on a clean place.

When I text the host. The host word was rude, he said to understand him and clean up by our self.

Actually I want to cancel this booking, but considering our time, my husband told me to be patient.
(at the end, I regret to not follow my instinct, I suppose to move whatever the cost, and later you will find out why).

Ok then, everyone could make mistake, and the previous guest was worse also. But as a host, he shall think of worse condition and asked someone else to clean up, instead of upsetting the guest.

Garbage not throwing.
No bathing amenities provided.
No portable wifi as promises. He said that previous guest took it.
I still have the picture showing how bad was the room.

At 27 June, he told us that his plane was postpone again. So he couldn't get to us.
Then at 28 June night, he arrived and clean all the house.

It's wasn't fair for us actually. But we keep to think positively and the host clean it, even though we find out later that below the sofa or bed, there lot of dust, so if you allergic to dust, it's can be worse.
He promise to give the wifi with 2 days processing time.

At 30 june, there was no info about when the wifi will be given.
At 1 July, he message us that, the wifi delivered to him at night and he will drop it on 2 July at 14.00 at the room.

The issue start here.
At 1 July, Calvin exchange money at the bank.
My mom not exchange all her money, and then she kept the rest USD 700 with Indonesia Rupiah inside the Envelope, inside the Wallet.
Then She put the Wallet inside the Luggage and below her clothes. You won't seen it if you just open the Luggage. And my mom luggage was near the wall and hard to reach area.

At  6 July around 10pm when we packed, night before we flight back to Jakarta, my mom check her wallet and her envelope and found out the 700USD was not in place.
We search all over the place and still not found it.

I message the host, and he said only he and us who have the key.
and he just drop the wifi and he said this never happen to his premise.

We have no prove and evidence of who did it, who was the thief, but we sure, somebody (whether the host or somebody else) has came inside this room and with an intention of stole something.
My mom didn't lock her luggage, but it's shall be someone with intention and who know we are away, and find time to search something and then stole the money.
Why didn't the thief take all the envelope? we just came into conclusion that the thief didn't us to realize something was missing. If my mom never checked inside the envelope, than we never know the money was stolen until we reach Jkt.
We think it over again, and another conclusion, this thief was professional already.

It's a painful experience as I was hope my mom as a survival cancer get a happy holiday, but it's just make her sad at the end of the trip. It was her saving.

I message Airbnb about the condition, but no reply.
I want to report it to the police, but time and language constraint really hard for us to finished it. And soon I regret it, I shall report it to the police, cause this prove the premise isn't save at all.
May be now just the money that stolen, but we didn't know what will be next?!.

The host didn't came to us when we check out. He just say to add one more hour for us to find it.
He didn't help to report it also. He said to not bring trouble to him.

So for this premise, it's start with not so good, and end with worse experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment