Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Friday 8 February 2013

HFMD

HFMD - Hand Foot Mouth Disease

I have read about this before and hoping that my son never got this kind of virus infection.
But,.....
He Got it! Argggg.....
Thanks God it's on a week before Chinese New Year and he got it after my mom felt better from her chemo side effect.

Mayoclinic:
Hand-foot-and-mouth disease — a mild, contagious viral infection common in young children — is characterized by sores in the mouth and a rash on the hands and feet.
There's no specific treatment for hand-foot-and-mouth disease. Signs and symptoms of hand-foot-and-mouth disease usually clear up in seven to 10 days.

Check out from the Baby Center site also.

Symptom:
On Thursday night, Josh didn't finished his food, but we think that because he has one ulcer, and also he ate one bread on his Thursday noon school.
Before sleep, his Daddy check his mouth, and found more than one ulcer. Eehh, I have a feeling that this wasn't an usual ulcer in the mouth.
During the night, Josh crying when he awake, and I'm 100% sure that this was early HFMD.

Friday, His mouth start to full with ulcer.
I check his hand and foot, found a red dot, but not much.
The symptom keep continuing that way till Sunday. That's why, Josh couldn't attend his Sunday School and Mozart class *sigh* (he has been waiting to attend the class, asked me to sing the song everyday).

What Josh eat during this time:
From Friday to Sunday, Josh's daily meal as below:
1 can of Refrigerated milk in the morning.
2 small bowl of porridge during the lunch.
2 small bowl of porridge for the dinner.
1 to 2 cup of Ice cream (as yogurt might to sour).
Drink plenty of cold water.
Losing his weight. And what make me stress out, he refuse to drink a cold milk and Ice cream at first. Till I beg him to try several time and he finally knew that cold drink sooth his mouth.

Medicine:
There were no medicine to cure it, only to make it comfortable.
We usually used the Watermelon Frost. During the HFMD time, Josh addicted to it.
So when he want to eat something, he beg me, jump over me, cry out, for make me gave him that medicine.
The most spell out word during his illness only "Obat - drug" - he like saying - give me a drug!
Josh thought that he could ate if only I gave him the frost.
Anyway, I did give him little by little. Of course, otherwise he refuse to ate anything.

Funny one, he saw a crackers (krupuk), then he beg us to gave him a bit.
Then, yeah, he cried when chew it!, I asked him to spill out, but he keep going to eat it again as he like it very much. Haiz.

Where he Got it? and what shall we do?:
Don't know. I suspect that Josh sometime put his dirty hand on mouth. As a boy, he always play everywhere.
As that was virus, time will heal. Just ensure the fluid intake, rest a lot. Watch out for complication symptom and know when to visit doctor.

For us parent, Wash our hand regularly, don't eat the left food, keep our body fit.

Why we shouldn't be near to other kids, cause kids usually put thing into their mouth, so the virus easily spread.
I have heard many stories before that kids got HFMD from school.

Thanks God, it's over now.
On Monday, he ate rice already, even there ulcer left on his tongue (he hate porridge :p).
On Tuesday, he ate spicy beef rendang with hot rice :p.

No comments:

Post a Comment