Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Sunday 3 February 2013

My mom 3rd Chemotherapy - suspense week

Here the story

as usual, the 3rd day, my mom told us that all her muscle in pain.
Till the 6th day, my mom still survive at home without any side effect than the body feels tired, muscle pain. Yeay, that's a good news.

Then....... something happen on the night 10pm.

My mom felt nausea. Then she throw out all the food.
She got panic, and what worried us happen, stomach pain, increase flatulence (gas), and every organ in stomach related, hurt.

First we gave her, Domperindone 10mg to prevent her from vomit again. But seem need time to work.
Then I remember, once doctor said, to work with Inpepsa, I need pantozol (pantoprazole) to treat high level of acid in the stomach. Then we gave Pantozol 20mg.
My mom went to sleep at 1am after drink her sleeping pills.

Till 3am in the morning, she still felt hurt, a heartburn or hurt in the esophagus area.
Even I said to her that in the morning if she can't hold it anymore we can directly go to hospital, but seeing her in pain, urrgggg.....
Then I remember, I have a copy of drug given during my mom in hospital, searched it, and found Rantin - and browse to make sure that the correct medicine. Ask my sista to buy it. Thanks God, we could found it.
Rantin 150mg - relieve all the pain. Mom back to sleep till 6am.

7th Day, Morning,
Now as she felt no heartburn anymore, she kept complain that she felt hurt on the stomach and went to toilet for pooping everytime she felt hurt.

Now, it was come to psychology thing. My mom mind keep panic and she can't control it.
This the time to decide whether she want to be hospitalized or not. But she couldn't gave us a decision too. Yes, hospitalization fee is expensive, therefore she want to hold it as long as she can, but she also kept complain of the pain. Before she always think that why other people who she know also on the cancer treatment didn't feel any pain like her. That's worsen my mom condition when she couldn't accept the side effect and kept compare her self to other.

As I remember, doctor has prescribe Ativan for my mom. But couldn't find it in a lot of medicine store -out of stock, including in 3 hospital near our area.
Till 2pm, she kept complain why the pain didn't go away. While according to my eyes, I felt that the condition getting better, just need time. Again I took another leap, switch the drug from Ativan into Xanax. They were same family, work differently, but both to treat anxiety related disorder.
At 3pm, We gave one 1mg of Xanax. Everytime the pain goes away, my mom could sleep and rest.

On the night, she said the pain still there but it was not similar to the first chemo side effect.
Then I consult doctor for letting my mom have pain killer drug - Kaltrofen at 10pm. and also Imodium to control the diarrhea.
She could sleep for 6hours - that's make her much much better. Wake around 4am to took a food and sleep again till morning.

Friday - 8th day,
Wake up with better condition even the intestine work so fast, so we took Imodium again.
And yes, everything in control.
Enough sleep will help you to think better.

But, now it was my turn to took care of my lil Josh.
He got HFMD, argggg....
Honestly, I have no idea where he got this.
His mouth full of ulcers, he cry everytime he ate something. Will tell in other post later on.

What I realized, even we keep busy with the illness stuff,
but there nothing to arduous when we walk with God.

Me especially felt that God has been so nice to me, only gave me one illness person at a time.
For people who know me, I easily got stress on a high tension day.
Ok, time to recharge my energy for taking care of Josh.

2 comments:

  1. hi, i hope both your mom and Josh feel better now.. take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnita, We all doing well now. Thanks a lot yah :).

    ReplyDelete