Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Monday 1 October 2012

Music from 0 Year old Son till Now

Bunch of articles or books out there written about the benefit of the Music.

I love music and like to sing just because it's calming my soul.

So when was my first time introduce music to Josh?
As soon as I knew I'm pregnant, I started to sing regularly beside talking to him in the womb.
Did he really hear that? I never knew, but I believe he felt what I have done for him.

When he born, I have committed for fully breastfeed - here, and to make me relax, I just simply sing a song during the breastfeeding moment. Did help me and beside I believe what I sing will be recorded deep down in his heart.

One article from earlychildhoodmusic wrote about there were three level of musical participation:
1. Listening to the Music
2. Singing Music
3. Actively Participating in the Music.

From my observation, Josh was now on the level 2 - singing music.
While he might be not perfectly sing, but at least he showed us his effort and likeness on singing.
When his age enough for get inside the music class, I might want to give a try for seeing whether he still interested or not.

Here another word taken from the article where I found that's very true.

"The second step of musical participation involves singing. There are many studies that prove that singing enhances academic retention. A song my children sang in their childhood included the lyrics, “Sing it and you’ll never forget it.” That is so true." 

"How did you learn your ABC’s? I still walk to the filing cabinet humming, “A, B, C, D, E, F, G…” If your child is struggling trying to learn something, put it to music and sing it! There are songs that teach the colors of the rainbow in order, the months of the year, the days of the week, the Books of the Bible, etc. Be creative, write your own!"

Remember that how I teach Josh to say papa mama.

But sometime I'm also losing an idea what other song that I shall sing to Josh.
That why, I hunting a cd or dvd children music. It's really help me, especially with the song where I have forgot the lyric.


Sometime Josh could start to lalala about the next song when the song even didn't start yet, and he did guess it correctly.
Seem after he heard it several time, he got the order of the song. I was like that too when heard the cd several time.


For the Indonesia children song, I love this collection from Kak Nunuk and Friend.



Below is a classical lullaby, only a music played.

If you can sing Chinese, I love below CD.

There so many series of Wonder Kids song. One of them that I like was Hymns for Kids. Not too fast and  introduce the Hymn since early age.

Below is our favorite. The CD started to broke, since we played it most of the time :p. They sing the song with a slow speed, did help the kids get used to the lyric.

For the DVD, below is our favorite.

I did buy another cd or dvd, but again not all suit us.

Did I stop singing when I have found a dvd or cd music? Nope. That all a tool's for me to keep singing for Josh.
Why? I believe a mother is the best singer for their kids ^^. We could sing anytime, anywhere.

Other reason, I could adjust way of singing, to sing it slow, fast, repeat the word before sing, and all that seem make Josh much more understand of the song and could sing it better.

By singing, at least you being remind that Life is not flat but full of melody - high, low, fast, slow.

Sing with your kids today!

No comments:

Post a Comment