Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Birthday Cake - Bake or Buy?

Whenever June came, I came into dilemma, whether I will bake the birthday cake for my son or I will just buy it.

Reason for Bake:
It feel more special and personalized, cause you put an effort on it.

If this is your choice and you are the first time baker, then I think there several thing to do:
1. Search the recipe online/offline. Choose the easier one.
2. Try it, and if you like it, continue to make it at least 2-3 times and let the other taste it and give you an honest opinion :). For me, I barely baked successfully with the first attempt, mostly failed on the appearance.
3. If you still have time, you can choose the other recipe to test out :)
4. Finally, don't get sick on the day of baking. But if the result turn out bad, then you can always go out to buy some cake :p.

Reason for not Bake and also to Buy:
It easier, and no messy kitchen.

Similar to last year, I have no gut to bake my son birthday cake. So I still choose to buy.
But where to buy and what kind of cake to buy?
Another several thing to consider:
1. Choose what kind of cake do you want to buy? The creamy one or Fondant topping? Layer cake or Cheese cake or Cupcake?
2. Hear other people recommendation or if you have a friend who baked, that will be great.
3. The number of cake ordered. You want to share with your guest (goody bake cake) or just want to have a private family party?
4. Last - Don't forget to order on schedule :).

Here the Josh's Birthday Cake:
I planned to have a family gather in home to celebrate Josh Birthday Party.
Actually I have ordered in phone on the previous day, but being cancelled within minute cause the oven can't operate.
As the only one little children in our family was Josh, then I think to buy a birthday cake in the shop near our house. I ordered in the morning and before noon the cake was ready which mean that freshly made.


Josh in Action :p

Except for the cake, the Rest of food, My mom prepared it all :)
The 2nd birthday cake was to celebrate with Sunday School buddies.
I choose the cupcake and I choose my friend who is a baker to prepared it (http://susanclairepatisseries.blogspot.com/).
The result:
I love it. The cream topping was not to sweet, and there is no added any baking powder/soda (which usually used to make the cake fluffy) to the cake.
That means the cake is suitable for kids. My mom who was a baker back in our hometown, love it too.

Josh was happy on the Sunday
He smile a lot when we sang Happy Birthday Song (thx eika for catch this moment)
Josh with the Sunday School Buddies - Only me who aware of camera hahaha
One of the cake with Strawberry topping.
Three of Us :)
Of course some people like to eat the smooth and fluffy cake. You can always asked the baker to done it for you :).
If you see both of the cake, Yes, I didn't prefer the fondant topping as I still like cream a lots.
At the end, whatever the way you choose, the most important thing, you are happy and Enjoy the Moment ^^/.
P.S.: More picture and video about the Birthday Boy :p

No comments:

Post a Comment