Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Sunday 4 December 2011

Playing time - "Touch me Not"

One fine day, I found out that our garden has a new guest - A Touch me Not plant.
Wondering what it is? 
Voila - It's a Mimosa Pudica. In Indonesia, We called it Putri Malu - Shy Princess.
is a creeping annual or perennial herb often grown for its curiosity value: the compound leaves fold inward and droop when touched or shaken, re-opening minutes later. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimosa_pudica
Putri Malu - Mimosa Pudica
I was so excited for showing josh about this. 
On my childhood time, I used to play in the vacant land on the right side of my house, there were lot of trees e.g. Jackfruit, Durian, etc. and Yes, I found lot of Putri Malu also.


Daddy who curious what we have fun with, asked me about that plant.
" Ohh daddy, this was putri malu, I just found it."
Daddy replied "what's that?" with Innocent face and voice 
, which showed me the difference between child who raise in City - Kota (Daddy) and in Village - Kampung (mommy) :p.
Instead of letting Josh played with, Daddy dominating the Touch me Not plant.


Following, Josh has been trying to touch other green plant/grass, wanna see whether the grass can shut or not.
Of course, Nothing move.


But now, Josh is smarter. He only come to Putri Malu and touch it, for other green plant/grass, he won't do it, as he know, nothing will happen :).


Josh in Picture playing with Mimosa.



No comments:

Post a Comment