Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Sunday 11 December 2011

EdaMame - Twig Bean

During the snack time, I always think what the great and easiest food that I can offer to my lil Josh.
Snip into my mind, of course Bean, Why not?!

From all of bean in the market, I choose Edamame.
Why? There no special why, except I like it hehehe :) and I can finish it whenever Josh left some.
.
Only yesterday, I search my special Why, the nutrient content, and it's quite surprising me!

For 100gram, Edamame offer a Rich of Micronutrient - Folic Acid - Folate - 90% of daily Intake needed. Wow - must be great for pregnant woman ( I tough most of pregnant women are suggested to take folic acid supplement) .
Also Manganese, Vitamin K, Carbohydrate, protein, Dietary Fiber, etc.

You can see on the right side chart.

Now come to the serving time!
I didn't mixed it with other dish, cause I want to make it simple and easy, not taking time actually :p.

Just put the pod in a boiled water for 5 minute or more - just take a bite to ensure you get what you want (can add salt if you like).
I must admit, I did wrong with this step for the couple of time, I didn't know why I always think that the bean shall be steam for a while not boil :p. And yes, I never get what I want - a green pod.

Josh liked the seed directly pop into his mouth when I squeezed the pod with my finger. On the other time, he like to take the seed where I have prepared in the bowl.

At the end, don't get confused with the snack time, just give a healthy Edamame.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edamame









No comments:

Post a Comment