Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Friday 9 December 2011

Jakarta 2011

One night, inside the car, I starred out of the window and my eyes cached unusual scene.
There were three man, holding each other hand.
Two were blind and one in the middle help them to walk across the street.
My heart get knocked!


What came into my mind was how if I lost my sight? I can only see the dark color.
Most of the time, we complain when we see the traffic jam, we complain when we see something that not correct to our point of view.
But if and if our sight taken away? Don't you think what you see today is beautiful and full of color?


Here, I'm not saying being blind was disgraceful.
I always amazed by the story of Fanny Crosby.
She who was blind from 6 weeks old and yet she wrote a lot of praises hymn to Lord.
Wanna know what She said about her blindness?

It seemed intended by the blessed providence of God that I should be blind all my life, and I thank Him for the dispensation. If perfect earthl sight were offered me tomorrow I would not accept it. I might not have sung hymns to the praise of God if I had been distracted by the beautiful and interesting things about me.

Wow, astonishing statement!

I believe cause of the Word of God fill her heart since her early day, Fanny can be like Fanny we all known today.It was told in the book The Hymn Writer written by Bernard Ruffin, that on her early life around 7 months old, cause of her father pass away and leaving her mother to support Fanny, left her grandmother Eunice to take care of her and teach her the Bible.

We might not blind in our physical sight, but are we really sure that we are not blind in our heart?

When we still have time to listen to Word of God, why don't we take that chance?

To end this 2011 year, will us spend our time for listen the Word of God?

Now, There is Gospel Rally in Gelora Bung Karno 8 - 11 December 2011.

We might think, there will be another Gospel Rally or we can hear also the same on each sunday. But again, moment is moment, no repetition. It's not a coincidence if we know and read about this.

So prepare your heart, open your ear, and Listen!

Be there, worth it!


www.jakarta2011.com




No comments:

Post a Comment