Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Friday 30 December 2011

Josh 1 1/2 years Old

Josh was 18months old, I felt time flies so fast.
As I didn't post something about Josh when he was 17months old, then some of the stories will be included here.

Weight: 11 kg
Has 16 teeth.
Some New Food to try:
Indonesia Chicken Curry with potato and fried tofu.
Gourd (Labu Siam).
Rambutan.

Favorite snack of the month: Dried cranberries. He will beg for it all the time with two open hand.

His vocabulary growth day by day.
He say "aeeirr" for air (water)
He say "mimik" for Drink
He say "buubeee" for Bubble
He say "habiii" for Habis (Empty)
He say "atuhh" for Jatuh - if he saw something fall down.
He say "Pahk Pong" for describing the place/condition that could endanger him.
He say "maaa u" if he want something
He say "ngakk maaa u" if he reject your request.
He say "baaa u" if he smell something smelly - his pup *hahaha*
etc

His milestone:
* He could told you clearly when he want something (maaauuuu) or reject (ngakk maaauuu).
When he could not express in word, he pulled your hand to followed him and he grumbled till you did what he wanted.

Most of time I do a guessing, again as a mother, I do feel I can guess correctly what he want and I always told him back in clear word, so he can learn also.
Instead just saying " I don't understand what you say", I prefer do guessing and told him back in clear word, so he won't get stressed. Good point - he learned how to talked.

* He could play with you with his story book.
Some of thing that I teach him several months ago being pay off now.
Last time I brought a book - Pocoyo - hide and seek, with a purpose to play with him while reading. But he barely paid his attention more than a minute. So I guessed he didn't like the book, then that became a last list to be read.
One day, when I brought the book to my mom house and put in table, he opened the book and said "ba, ba" - seem like showing my sister that he could find a Pocoyo who played hide n seek in the book.

I realized, even tough our child didn't pay much interest at that time, we shouldn't give up. Someday they will surprise us by repeating what we have told them.

* Showing interest for self feeding.
He would like you to feed him whenever he starving - The little boy knew well that her mommy feed him quicker than him self *wink*. but when he start to full, Josh took the spoon and try to put the food into his mouth. When I rejected, then he refused to eat.

* He could opened the door and put the key on the hole.
We started to realized it on 14November and On 21 Josh opened our bedroom door. Early morning, both of us were to lazy to wake. Josh clapped his hand, made noisy sound, but it didn't work for us.
Then He just went to the door, and after several attempt, he could open it, run to the kitchen area and say hi to grandma and granpa :).

*Still a good imitator.
Whenever he threw the ball and fall down into the garden, I will picked the ball and clean it from soil.
So one day, when he played the ball with his grandma. Grandma turned back the ball without clean it.
When Josh received the ball, instead playing it, he get it clean. Later on I told my mom that we used to clean the ball before giving it back to him.

On Off switch button was his favorite one. Whenever he saw me in front of the Laptop, he came and asked me to let him play. Then his first action was push the on off button. Yeay! The laptop turn off then we went for other game.

*Separation Anxiety
These also a milestone, proven that Josh acknowledge a person.
On 1 Nov, My mom arrived and after 6 months separated, Josh finally met in person.
I left him with my mom for Sunday School or Dating time with daddy, starting then, Josh showed his dis-likeness to my mom.
Josh might think "Who is this Woman? Why my mom left me with her while she never do that before?"
He scratched my mom without reason, but then he could be a good boy also, especially if he thought my mom could bring him back to me.
I did remind him not to do that, but if he keep repeating, then I gave him a punishment - hold his hand or let him alone and I count 10 to 60 seconds depend on what he did - scratched, hit or other. That's work.
During the Christmas time, I stayed with my mom, and Josh changed also. He slowly think that my mom was not his kidnapper.


A moment that I remember:
On 4th November, Josh was unhealthy, on 2am early morning he awake and couldn't back to sleep, but he didn't brother us with crying like he does every night when he awake. Then I realize he didn't back to sleep in half an hour, so I push my self sing lullaby to him. On 3.15am, when he wanted to sleep, he came to my right side, and he lay his head on my shoulder, and I hug him then he fall asleep. I awake at 5pm and notice that he still slept in my shoulder.

Almost every night within these two weeks, before slept, he talked with me, saying "mamama, knap knap, pum pum", and other word that i hard to understand. But his eyes contact, his hand rub my face, did nuzzling, cuddling, it all showed me that he love me. The huge encouragement action from my little one.

We love you Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment