Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Friday 2 December 2011

Cucumber Lover

No idea came to my head that Josh will love cucumber so much.

I ate cucumber, but I'm not a lover of it. That become my best friend when I have Sambal Terasi "Sauce".

Josh always sneak beside me when I open the refrigerator.
To distract him, mostly I gave a carrot or cucumber or other vegetable for him to hold and analyze. Wash before give it to Josh is a must, to anticipate if he suddenly eat it.

So one day, I gave him a baby cucumber (small size), and he started to eat it.
When I recognized, he has finished half of the cucumber.
On the other time, when we had our dinner outside and he saw a cucumber, he pointing it and his eyes begging me for that.






Here some little fact about the cucumber:


Contain 98% of water, serve in the summer to add more water in your body. 


The 4th most widely cultivated vegetable in the world.

Divided into two types
"Slicing cucumbers" are produced for fresh consumption.
"Pickling cucumbers" are produced for eventual processing into pickles


Cucumbers are more nutritious than many people believe. You can see the table.



Enjoy :)

Fact Source:
http://www.organicfood.com.au/content_common/pg-cucumber-information.seo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cucumber
Cucumbers however, do not make great baby food, not many recipe found even for adult. If you think to let you baby taste the cucumber - you can go to:http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/cucumberbabyfoodrecipes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment