Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Saturday 26 January 2013

My Mom 3rd Chemotherapy

Heeeee, already on the middle of Chemo Cycle.
Honestly, my mom seriously want to drop the chemo treatment.

I haven't share on this blog. During the 2nd Chemo treatment, my mom got hospitalized again! in Pantai Indah Kapuk Hospital.
The problem was my mom get nausea all the time even though she consume anti nausea medicine.
She hard to eat which impact on stomachache.
She began to felt anxious and it's worsen her stomach condition.
The only way out was to bring her to hospital.
On the hospital, my mom got a medicine to cure her anxious and her stomach.

Here I share a lil bit of what I learn about "knowing your medicine" during my mom hospitalization time.
Ativan drug given to my mom on the first day. On the 2nd day, I'm asking my mom what she felt. She told me that she felt no energy but her stomachache reduce significantly. So I told my sista to stop the Ativan drug.
I knew I'm not doctor, but I have my reason. Ativan is like anti depressant drug but the side effect was you felt no energy somehow, and felt sleepy all the time.
When my mom could control her self, I think it's better to stop that drug. When the drug is stopped, my mom felt better - more energy - not feeling sleepy all the time.
Somehow I learn, medicine was to be used only when needed. If you feel better already, you can always request to the nurse what medicine to be discontinue. Therefore it's really important to know what medicine was given during your stayed in hospital. There a lot of patient to be controlled each day by the nurse, they need to called to the doctor also. It's might be good if we could actively participate on the treatment of our illness - by asking the diagnose, the medicine name, then searching the usage, side effect, etc. Cause the side effect differs from one to other person, and somehow impossible when doctor and nurse explain all to you.

During that days, my mom told several time that she want to stop her chemo treatment.
Yes, we were ready whatever her decision.

It's wasn't easy to have those treatment.
You can say you put a toxin into your body. It's kill everything and it's hurt!
While it's really cost you a lot.
Something in the world where you pay it and wish to cure you but you get pain from it -> Chemo!
But again, my mom changed her mind after she could took time to think it over.

The 3rd Chemotherapy was yesterday and tomorrow will be the first day she felt the side effect.
Again, we hope nothing serious cause actually the 2nd chemotherapy was better than the 1st one. Therefore we hope by experiencing it twice, we could manage the side effect from home.

2 comments:

  1. Gimana kemo ke 3 mama kamu er? berdoa semua yang terbaik ya. tante selalu diberi kekuatan sama Tuhan Yesus, dan berharap lebih baik dari yang ke-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks yah Ren for your prayer ^^

    ReplyDelete