Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Wednesday 23 January 2013

2.5 years old Son get Lost for One Hour more

Again, Josh whining and refuse to follow us! Ok, he get lost, and we let it be for knowing his reaction and watching from a far.

Here the story:
He asked me to saw the dancing fountain. While I told him that dancing fountain was on the other mall.
Yet, me and daddy still accompany him to check it out.
After that, I asked Josh to buy grocery in Ranch market.
He refuse it.

I left him with daddy.
But daddy gave up persuade him also.
When daddy left Josh, on behind Josh follow daddy. But in the middle, Josh played and get lost from daddy.
Me and daddy agree to watched from far and seeing his reaction.

5 minutes, he keep playing. Didn't brother we were not around him.
15 minutes, he get confused for not finding us, but then get scattered by the television ads. (the TV ads, closed down within a minute :p).
20 minutes, he still waiting in front of ranch market, saw other kids playing, he came to play also.
when the child left, he felt alone again.
25 minutes, can't keep waiting in the front, he now start to walk inside the ranch market, run with fun, nobody felt this child lost his parents *sigh*
30 minutes, run into the cheese area, ice cream area, want to took one also but his hand couldn't reach it. Try several time, but fail.
35 minutes,  run into the veggie area, where I used to visit. Played with the fruit.
40 minutes, moved to Tofu area, where I used to took a look also. Yes, he stayed there around 15 minutes more played with the water. *sigh*.
After 1 hour, I couldn't wait anymore. I came to him, and tell him not to played with the water, I will going home now.
? He didn't listened to me and keep playing. *kyaaaaaa*
Then I warn him the second time that "I will going home, stop playing and follow me".
He stop played but when he want to follow us he got lost again.
Daddy follow him from behind.
He walked out from market entrance, and run back to the first area.
Daddy told me that Josh start to confused. Keep his eyes on everybody just to searched for us.
Then, after a while, he move on and walk to BreadTalk, bread store where he always ask me brought him a bread. But he couldn't find us too.
Josh then walk to the toilet area.
Suddenly he listen daddy voice when daddy answered somebody who questioning about Josh.
At that moment, Josh run to Daddy and hug daddy tightly. Josh then asking "where is mama"

No cry at all! that what surprise us.

On the car, he just complain his shirt got wet! I changed it and then stay away from him.
Suddenly he felt lonely, and he came to my side.
I told him that he do wrong. He admit it and say sorry.
Mama: "Josh, kamu tahu kamu salah tidak dengerin papa mama"
Josh: "Josh salah"
Mama: "Lalu mesti ngomong apa"
Josh terdiam bentar dan sambil muka bersalah: "Mama sorry..."
Mama: "hayuk bilang ke papa juga"
Josh: "Papa sorry"
I hug him..

By knowing his action and reaction toward "get lost" moment, we knew that we couldn't left him just to teach him about "obey to follow us".
We have been used lot's of trick and be patient when he start whining and reject to follow us especially in the mall where he saw something interest him.
I told daddy, Josh exactly look like me, the different was, Josh younger than me to behave like this.

Through this moment, we know that Josh believe on us as his parent! Josh believe that we never really leave him, that we always could find him back. This what we shouldn't let him think the other way.
We really felt he is a smart little boy. He walk into a place where he think he might find us there because we used to buy something.
By watching Josh day to day, somehow I know that I'm learning also.

At the end, we being remind that we as a parent need to keep learning, leaning on God grace day by day for nurturing Josh.

P.S.
I rather let Josh play in the public place than buy a toy, cause almost all children whom I know get bored with the toys in home.
Then, someone told me this "we, as adult, was no different from the child. when we get what we longed for, usually we get bored within a period of time, not appreciate it anymore." Yes,No?
Is that conclude -> When we learn about our child, we start to learn about our self too?

2 comments:

  1. wah.. terharu denger josh bisa bilang " sorry ", terkadang kita juga mesti belajar dari anak kecil ya.Semoga sampai besar kelak josh jadi anak yang baik ya :)
    kapan main ke rumah josh-josh? uda susah ya sekarang, uda di serpong nih.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ren, Yuks kapan main kesini :). At least parkiran mall nya masih murah hahaha dibanding Jakarta :p

    ReplyDelete