Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Friday 21 December 2012

My Mom 1st Chemotherapy - the 1st Week

A first week of chemotherapy update:

Day 1 - almost 12 hours spent on the hospital

Day 2 - look like a wonder woman, could do the cook, etc. I wish my mom keep her strength for the side effect later on.
Drug: Celebrex 1 a day, Antibiotic (left from the chemo port operation)

Day 3 - Yup, the side effect started. Feeling week, and on the night, my mom felt a Muscle and Nerve pain. Still eating well.
Drug: Took anti nausea in the morning, Celebrex, and Antibiotic.

Day 4 - the muscle and nerve pain keep on going all day long. But my mom keep positive, she always done her simple exercise activity, and having a sun bathing for a while in the morning.
Drug: Anti nausea and Celebrex
! we change her food plan, and my mom sleep without air conditioner.

Day 5 - the pain slowing down now. I asked my mom to took a calcium supplement as I'm afraid she was lacking of calcium due to the vegan eating way.
Drug: Anti nausea and Celebrex
! I'm noticing that after taking one of the chemo drug - Rexta, my mom shall be stay out from cold thing.

Then, Unexpected side effect occurs.
Feeling full of Gas, Cramp, diarrhea, lower abdominal pain, suddenly came.


From chemocare.com:
Chemotherapy may also alter the normal bacterial flora that is present in the intestines. This can affect digestion and cause abdominal pain, cramping or flatulence (gas).

I always monitor my mom bowel movement and she said that only twice a day which on my mind that normal. But what I saw this afternoon after I took a nap, really not normal at all. She felt hurt.
Short message to the doctor and being given a additional drug recipe
-> Inpepsa 3*15ml
-> Buscopan 3*1 (contains 500mg paracetamol)

Day 6 - The cramp, diarrhea, lower abdominal pain keep going all the night.
Short message to the doctor and another additional medicine:
-> Immodium 2tablet each time (anti diarrhea)

Took one time and relieve the diarrhea symptom. However, the lower abdominal/stomach pain keep going.
Ok we pray may this pain just happen till tomorrow.
The worse thing about this lower abdominal/stomach pain, is because everytime it's happen, my mom felt she want to go the toilet and sit for around 20-30minutes for doing some bowel (the stool has a mucus) and till the pain go away.

Day 7 - Nothing change with the lower stomach pain.
Short message to the doctor and add one more celebrex.
You can use this Celebrex up to 400mg a day - 2 tablet.
I gave my mom in the morning and on the noon.
During the noon time, when she awake, she suddenly said all the pain goes away. She can still smile and we took a picture of her with Josh wearing a deer headcraft - ready for Christmas.

Heeee.... within half an hour, she complain the pain coming back.

Ok, this really worse, I gave her buscopan on the midnight, nothing change. Every hour she awake and go to the toilet and wait till the pain go away. I seeing the intensity of going to the toilet increasing.

Day 8, 21 December 2012 - At 5am in the morning my mom drink another dose of Celebrex. But seem the pain getting back.
See you can only took two tablet a day, but one tablet give a relief only for two hours, don't it seem the drug didn't work at all?
My mom couldn't sleep all the night, make her tired and suffer.
We called the doctor and decide to took my mom to Hospital.
! Good thing, my mom still force herself to eat. Only she said she tired and lack of sleep can make her tired to eat also, I really think being hospitalized is the best solution now.

At the hospital, they gave her an infusion of vitamin, paracetamol, etc. According to my sista, it's giving a relief of the pain.
Hey.... seem the pill drug that my mom consume at home can't be absorb well cause changes of the flora in my mom intestine imbalance.
Anyway, still wait for the doctor to diagnose.
Hope nothing serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment