Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Friday 15 June 2012

Activity with Toddler - High Five

Cos Josh?! - Josh will high five with you.

The high five is a celebratory hand gesture that occurs when two people simultaneously raise one hand, about head high, and push, slide or slap the flat of their palm and hand against the palm and flat hand of their partner. The gesture is often preceded verbally by the phrase "Give me five" or "High five". - source: wikipedia


I remember one toy in Sunday School, a long stick and have a hand on one side. You can used it to high five with other. I think to make a simple one.
I have unused brochure with bright color. The brochure was usually taken when I searched for new stuff and somehow I felt sorry to just throw it away. Glad I could make a something simple out.

What you need:
1. Unused paper - with bright color
2. Pen for drawing
3. Scissor
4. Glue stick or Double tape
5. Ice cream stick
The most important, you need a hand - and I asked Josh to be the model :)

Put the palm with open finger on the paper, draw the line. Then Cut the paper, make it two.
Put piece together with the stick between the hand paper.
You could draw the smiley face on the paper.
Tradaaa, Josh start to play with it.

On this art, Josh participate as a model and glue it. Hey Josh kept waiting beside me when I need to cut the paper. I guess he also wondering what his mommy gonna do after have his hand draw on the paper :p.
I also let him play with the pen and he can just draw whatever he like on the left paper while waiting for me to finished it.

Have fun!

Here just to show how I asked Josh to put his hand on the paper.
He was listened to me and wait for me to draw his hand.
When I asked another hand, he give it without any rejection.







I compare the Hand model with mine. So small and this was my near 2 years old kid's hand.
Even I'm made it a bit messy, seem I will kept it for quite long time :). Love the imitation my lil Josh's hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment