Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Sunday 24 June 2012

Activity with Toddler - I know my Shape

My lil Josh love all about Shape.
I let him played a toys that learns about Shape.
I let him seen the Baby Einstein which introduce about Shape.
I let him learns from the Flash card and Books also.
and finally, whenever he touched our Ipad, he opened the program which educate about Shape.

I came to an Idea about making a simple game to learns about shape.
I felt, it will be good for him for touch the physical/actual shape, then just seeing on the book or monitor.

So here we go,
I took unused box.
I cut 8 kinds of Shape: Rectangle, Square, Heart, Circle, Crescent/Moon, Diamond, Triangle, Oval.
I put the Ice cream Stick behind Shape. You can used double tip or just "Stick it".
Done!

Then I start the game, I will asked him to pick up the Shape that I mention. I will clap and give a big hurray, whenever he correctly pick up the Shape.
Sometime, he even took one of the Shape and told me the name of the Shape.



No comments:

Post a Comment