Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Thursday 27 December 2012

A Christmas Gift

A Christmas Gift for us is when we know that our mother could going home as our wish ^^.

Actually, we were so sure the day before that our mom will going home on Christmas day.
But when on my duty time to take care of my mom, suddenly the nurse came in and let me know that my mom should get a blood transfusion, due to her Hemoglobin was only 8.5 - while normal 11.5. (when the first day hospitalized, the Hb was only 9.5)
First reaction, I saw uncomfortable face of my mom, then I reject the blood transfusion.
Ok, the nurse was not good on communicating this. She made my mom afraid than calm her down.
I tried to think hard what the other good idea, then I asked the nurse to called doctor, is there any other treatment for this low Hb.
Doctor refuse to gave a vitamin, cause my mom iron n friend was good, the only thing, the red blood cell was down cause the chemo side effect, then the doctor said to gave an Injection of Eprex 40000iu (another expensive item).
My mom clinical condition was good at that time, no dizzy, could walk by her self, etc, the only thing that brother, she couldn't sleep the night before cause a bad dream and on early morning the nurse took a blood test. Beside that, during the stay, we forgot to bring a beetroot juice to increase the production of red blood cell. So lacking of food induce the RBC, plus lacking of sleep, probably make my mom Hb going down.
Ok, we took the injection instead of the blood infusion, considering which the comfortable way for my mom.

I was told that doctor agree to let my mom going home tomorrow.
So without any other blood test required, my mom going home with us.

Anyway, the blood test data might be helpful for us to taking any action, but we shall considering the clinical condition of the patient what might be the best and comfortable way to execute the treatment. That what I learn so far.

Merry  Christmas All ^^/

No comments:

Post a Comment