Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Monday 8 October 2012

Novotel Nusa Dua ROOM - Where we stayed in Bali from 15-17 August 2012

I have share about our activities while staying in Novotel Nusa Dua - here.
Now, as promise, here my post on reviewing the Novotel Nusa Dua room where I have spent two nights.

As this was my first out of town family holiday, I have planned for our family to relax in a nice Hotel for the last two days.
We booked Novotel Nusa Dua - Two Bedroom Suite through Agoda.

Why?

Has a kid's club, known as family hotel and private beach - shall used the shuttle bus.
What lack from my attention was the price that we paid was not included the breakfast - urggg...
Breakfast fee 10$/person.

My Opinion while Stayed there.

We arrived at 1pm with Josh slept on my arm. While the checked in time was still 2pm, we then wait.
Novotel gave us a room on 9701 - the last building, on the third floor. It was building for cafe and Accor aviation office.
Room was neat like usual.
BUT:
*The living room connected to the master bedroom by sliding door for having a sunlight.
*The master bedroom restroom is smaller and no bathtub.
*The balcony is small and not clean and face to the parking lot.
For the comparison: one bedroom suite has the bathtub on the room and direct sunlight on the living room.
So when earlier morning where some of us still need to sleep on the master bedroom, while the other on the living room felt locked in the four walls without sunlight.
Access to Novotel Nusa Dua website for the information of the room.
Therefore, I could said we got the Hotel room different from the usual, - honest word? unwanted room? .
But this was family holiday, I tried not to think too much and enjoyed the holidays.
As long as we could have a comfortable sleep, then that shall be ok.


Then At 5pm, I did asked to the receptionist of why we have the room on that building.
The reason they provided to me:
It's high season where all the room fully occupied moreover the two bedroom suite. Only few room on each building.
As I have seen the building here, then next time they suggest me to called first to Hotel for requesting our preference building. (These seem like burdensome?!). They checked the hotel room and still didn't asked whether we want to changed the room or not.
As I'm tired for changing the room (happen in the previous hotel before), therefore I just tried to understand it. Honestly, I didn't satisfied with their explanation. I mean they at least take action when someone questioning your decision.

Later on, I sent a letter to the Hotel.
My honest opinion:
They should at least explain to us before we checked in the room, where our room located and differs from the other room, at least we didn't questioning later on. I didn't want to make speculation, but deep in my heart, I believe they still have the other better room (tend to treat foreigner better than domestic? - I don't know).
Some of the guest might not showing objection when offering this room, but for me, I have an expectation when I look at their website and choose their hotel, therefore If I felt disappointing that very natural - (am I kinda non-flexible person?).

Good thing, They did reply my letter and do apologize. They explain the room was the only room different from the other (then why you still sell it?!), then offers their gratitude on the next stay by upgrading the room. (But, we never know when we will back there again!)

What I want to share here was:
The holiday is a moment in life. It's not repeatable.
For me, I like to plan earlier before - from one year ahead (for manage the other member who need to take leave) cause I wish the holiday will go smoothly and not ruin out.
Even, the hotel did apologize and offer they gratitude, for me that only a thing in the future, while my moment with my family has done.

Here my tips :
* Search the Hotel that fit your want and budget.
Compare one to other hotel through agoda or tripadvisor. Looking for guest comment.
* For domestic, better book through domestic travel agent than internet for example: agoda. Price might be similar but might different in offer.
Like me: I have no breakfast.
* Pay attention to detail for what the travel offer.
* Before book, called the hotel directly to known what kind of room that you will get. Is it same with what you search in the internet. (Could asked whether their bed is hard enough to support your body :p hahaha. Later on will share my other experience with Kuta Townhouse)
* Write your requirement in detail - in Agoda there is a list of requirement.
ie. Internal view room ( or you may write the detail like view to garden or pool or sea - but somehow, the view also determined the price you must paid)
Located on the first floor (if you have toddler, somehow more safety if you stayed in the first floor)
Non smoking room
Bathtub in the room :p (from my experience, even I thought the hotel will provide it on every room, but then it prove differently)
Etc.
*Called the Hotel directly, to ensure whether your request is available. Yes, even it's take another effort, but really, this kind of experience make me want to manage better to avoid unwanted situation.

Then, Have a great stay on your holiday ^^/.

P.S. This was only my personal experience. You might not agree with me and that's okay.
I still believe the service of Hotel might improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment