Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Friday 31 October 2014

Dating with Daddy - 4Saxess - Austrian Saxophone Quartet

One day, my friend post about the information on Facebook.
It's been a long time not dating out with Daddy, so taking this chance, I reserved two ticket through email.

It was on Tuesday, 28 October 2014, means I need to wait for Josh's school and taking a shuttle bus to Jakarta and went to Josh's Grandma house.
I told Josh that he will spent the evening with Grandma and he agreed with it.

The concerts started at 7pm at Usmar Ismail Hall.
To anticipate the traffic jam, we went there on 5.30pm from Grogol and guess what, we still arrived at 7pm *tears*. But since they know the traffic, it was started about 15 minutes late.

The concerts was intended to Celebrating 60 Years of Diplomatic Relations. The Austrian Embassy Jakarta invited 4Saxess.

I truly amazed with 4Saxess, How they communicate with Audience, How they played the Saxophone beautifully.
Once, I closed my eyes, count how long they play and took the breath, amazing.
Just funny when one of the player shared about Jakarta weather. It's because Austrian weather is colder then our refrigerator. I can imagine it will be a struggle for them.

Can't describe more, but we really glad we have came despite of the traffic jam and got to enjoyed the concert.

Now I wish to share my concern.
I guess, we live in Indonesia especially Jakarta, somehow have a great blessing, we got to watch a free concert, it was provided, but the problem is, do we really appreciate it?!
At the concert time, people went out while they playing at the stage. Not just once. I mean, come on, it's was for one hour. It was presented by Austrian Embassy, and It's represent our country Indonesia how we being an audience. Hopefully they really have something so much important to do.
Sometime I thought, do/if/why you need to pay to appreciate something?, then the value is on the money, Yes/No?!
Then, from my chair, I saw one person, playing with the smartphone chat and doing things all concert time, hopefully I'm wrong and he was a reporter who need to update the news as soon as possible.
Anyway, we got to freely recorded using our gadget during the concert, that was nice of the organizer who knew we like to kept as a memorable concert.

Back to the performance, From Classic - Mozart, Bach and Singelee (who wrote the first work ever written pieces for saxophone quartet) to more American - Argentine Tango, etc to our Indonesian song "Begawan Solo" and "Cublak-Cublak Suweng".

On 6 November 1814, Antoine Joseph Sax was born in the village of Dinant in Belgium. Over thirty years later, he invented one of the most successful instruments in the world: The SAXOPHONE. ~ source: the concert brochure.
At the end of performance, after two encore, they finished the concert by played the saxophone and walked to the audience. Wow, I guess that's really impressed us.

Beside the concert, I got to met my friend, Peggy. She should have a concert on Thursday 30 October at Goethe "Brassissimo - Amadeus Bras" another free ticket and I couldn't make it as Josh having a Domba Kristus big event - Put the Armour of God.
Got to take picture and wish her the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment