Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Friday 28 September 2012

We were Moving

We just moving to our new home two weeks ago 16 September 2012.
Thanks to the Lord for this opportunity.
We missed the time when we living with parents but this is also the time we learn how to manage our own household.
Anyway, we could still back whenever we want, so we don't take it too mellow.

Since then, I, personally need an adjustment. How to balance the time spent with Josh and household item.

For the first week, we still back to Jakarta twice. Once for the Jakarta Governor Election and the other for Daddy's work related.
I felt on the first week, the time I used to spent with Josh - for doing activities, reading, etc, mostly switch to maintain and clean the house.
I think Josh could feel the same also, therefore most of the time he yelled when he called Mama.
Good thing, we back to Jakarta twice, so I could spent lot of time with him again.
Sometime, we could not manage a drastic changes, including the kids, therefore a smooth and gradually step is a better choice.

For the second week, I felt I must find my daily rhythm.
For Josh age, I try to share and teach him some of task i.e. put the cloth into washing machine, watering the flower, etc. But of course not all the household thing can be share with him. For example: mop the floor, ironing, etc.
Therefore, when he taking a nap, as soon I started all the task that need to be done.
So when he awake, I could read a story, or doing some activity.
My simple mind: the household thing can wait, but children grow up every second.

Yes, with him participating means you accept a mess, longer time to finished the task, but somehow I felt we need to introduce it as early as they showed you their interest to participate :).

We have agree for not using a maid as I still want to know how far I could handle it.
I felt a positive thing for not having a maid around, at least I could show Josh more about household activity.
Let say, previously the maid wash our clothes, mostly cook for us (except I cook for Josh),washes the dish, but now I did it all, and Josh showing he want to knew what I'm doing.
As we know, everything has it time. There is a time for introduction and there is a time when they could do it by their own.


Ooo, what I love so much about this new place, I could bring him to the park. It's really happening on the afternoon time. Some playing soccer ball, small children running, playing with their friend, some of them ride the bicycle, while parent sitting chit chat to each other, and you can eat the small snack also.
Ok, I love the small snack part, there are a Siomay, Sate Padang, Cong-fan, etc, and the taste is good for my tongue.

I haven't start any craft activity yet, but he seem happy just to play with the Styrofoam. Yes, lot of styrofoam let, I think to make an sword for him :p (I teach him "Aku seorang Kapitan" - Indonesian children song).
So baby, if one day you read this and you found out mommy didn't make any for you, then you can claim for it ^^.

So here just the short story of us live in the new home.
and btw, just realized that I've been blog for one year, yeay!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Er, selamat ya rumah barunya.. pindah diluar Jakarta ya? kynya fun banget bisa main2 di park :) oh ya sama congrats buat setaun bloggingnya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks yah :). Ke tangerang saja pindahnya (tergolong luar Jakarta juga sih :p). Tamannya sederhana, tapi hidup banget, rasanya senang lihat anak-anak bermain diluar rumah, secara jaman kecil disebelah rumah2ku tuh padang rumput.
    Soal blogging, memang tidak berasa tiba tiba saja, loo koq setahun sudah.

    ReplyDelete