Moments and Memories

Moments and Memories

Saturday 15 September 2012

Activity with Toddler: Counting Time

Many ways to introduce a Number to our kids.
From a simply writing on the paper, or using a play mat, or flash card, etc.

Our today activities was "Counting"

I used the Garlic put on three bowl.
Each bowl contain a number of Garlic.

Here the Step:
1. Josh should took the bowl to the table where the number was put in line.
2. Count the Garlic.
3. Took the correct number.
4. Put the bowl back. and repeat after all the bowl get the number.
5. Praise him with "You Done it, Great Job Josh" and Hi Five. All Kids love to be praise ^^.

The first attempt, I didn't put the number in different area. Yes, he seem not too interested on this game.
On the second attempt, I move the number into different area, in the table. He shall do some walk to done this counting activities, and I also doing some silly sound and all this make him attracted to done the activities.
Did help him on counting too.
I never know he will be able to do some counting if I never start related activities.
That why, I did this.
I'm not required that he shall master the counting lesson, but just to see whether he was interested on learning to count. I just encourage him on this activities and seem he like it, then I will repeat it on the other time ^^.
Lot of stuff can be used, will find another counting game ^^.

Put the garlic on the bowl
Josh choose the bowl
Count the Garlic
Choose the correct number
Put the bowl back and choose another bowl

Counting the garlic again ^^
P.S. You can continue with the activities - Peel the Garlic Skin ^^ xixixi.

No comments:

Post a Comment